I have been trying to put together a compiled list for another district of websites that WE use a lot here. Alone the way, I have come across some neat gems!
1. Free Rice: This website has various content to practice. As students answer questions correcting, rice is collected and donated to help end world hunger - HOW COOL:)!!!
2. CNN Students: CNN broadcasts this 10-minutes daily newscast for middle/high school students. What an EASY way to talk about current events and even add writing to your curriculum - GREAT:)!
3. Grammar Bytes!: A website to just practice grammar skills.
4. Google Earth: Not sure if you or your students have played with this one, but it will quickly become a FAVORITES:)!
5. Smithsonian Education: Sizing Up the Universe is SUPER COOL! The students are given information about the earth, sun, planets, etc.. and they input an address (I did mine:) and it gives them a "comparative" illustration using their address and the orbit of things around them - LOVE IT:)!
6. Worldometers: I don't know if I have blogged this one but is amazes me EVERY TIME! It's real time numbers of what's going on in the world - CRAZY COOL!
Alright - I could REALLY go on F O R E V E R, but I will stop at 6 for today!
Still FREEZING FREEZING cold here - -7 this morning UGH! Running the halls at school is KILLING me - warm up to at LEAST 10, right:)!
Here's to a possibly "WARM" weekend - Have a great one,