Skip to main content

Breakout EDU

So here I sit in my office TRYING my darndest to figure out locks, cases, keys, and combinations ALL in an attempt to get my English teacher, Mrs. Gross, ready and prepared for her FIRST Breakout EDU session in her classroom.  If you are unsure what the heck I am talking about - have you EVER heard of those "Escape Rooms," where they lock you in for an hour and then you have to try and get out?  There are clues EVERYWHERE in the room to help you, you just need to find the right ones to unlock the mystery.  Well, they make them for the classroom.  Mrs. Gross bought the Breakout EDU kit for $99 (however you can TOTALLY make one yourself for cheaper),  and many of the games require DIFFERENT items to make it work - so I would suggest GOING to the site, find out EXACTLY which games you MIGHT consider using for your classroom, and there are many for various content areas, and then buy your own OR buy ONE from them like we did, and then substitute where needed:)   Here are SOME of the items that we decided to purchase as they were needs for US:



The other thing you have to remember is that you can't just download this and do it in a DAY!  The games have extensive directions, and you need to "set up" the room as it says - so I would say that realistically you could buy your supplies, download the resources and have all ready in a week - AND remember, once you do ONE, it really makes it easier the next time you try one.  I am actually going to do this at our next CPT (Common Planning Time) with our teachers.  I am going to set up two rooms and split my staff into two groups. They will each have 45 minutes to "break out" or "solve" the mystery that I have set!  I REALLY think this is something here!  I love the idea of kids collaborating, problem solving is ALWAYS something that enhances learning and taking on roles and finding a solution as a group!  I CAN. NOT. WAIT. for this one to happen and see how it pans out - maybe successful, maybe epic fail, but a new challenge anyways:)!

Happy Night all
Mrs. I:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resources Compiled for COVID-19

Here is a PLETHORA of resources that I have been compiling as we are dealing with teaching during COVID-19.  Use what you can - search and seek - I am going to just COPY AND PASTE - so the links might not be active:) Video/Podcast Options: Zoom!: This program allows you to video conference with up to 100 people.  HOWEVER, I feel this one is NOT the best for large groups, BUT, would be awesome to do with one on one or small group work, or recording videos to upload to Schoology.  Create an account and download this to your Macbook here, https://zoom.us/ and the students will have the app. Zoom How To: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-fnwZGctrFlE-Ho8Y5C_v8Hit7KdSnvW Explain Everything App : You can teach just about anything you would want, especially math, with this app.  This app allows you to import pictures, files, etc.. and then voice over it, even drawing if needed, to create a video.  Simply upload to YouTube, share the link and done!! Screen Capture with Quick

I LIED!!! I TAKE THE THANK YOU TO APPLE BACK:(!!! UGH!!!

  All went well yesterday after we had done the Apple Configurator update - here were a few that we had to put into recovery mode, etc... which wasn't GREAT- but worked alright.  Students had to put in email address again as well as Schoology, no big deal.  Some lost their camera roll pictures - not the TOTAL end of the world.  But TODAY - 5 kids have LOST EVERYTHING!!! UGH!!  I don't do ANYTHING different with these iPads that I don't do with the others that have worked fine - so WHY?????????????  A senior girl and a freshman boy lost EVERYTHING!  It COMPLETELY WIPED their iPads and reinstalled ALL again - WHY???????????  I want to call Apple but I am TOO MAD to call as I wouldn't be anything tactful at all - so I sit and ponder what it might be - maybe I should use another word than Ponder, I guess they're throwing him back in next week, huh??:):)  I just don't know what to do.  AND the part that gets me the MOST is Apple KNOWS that schools across the country

Ways to Use Technology.....

   Below are some links that show and list different ways that you can use iPads and other technologies in your classrooms and some additional tips and tricks with the iPad 2 in case you still need some refreshers.  Take a peek - you might find a great, fun new way to do something or learn something new. 50 ways 50 iPad 2 Tips & Tricks Lesson Ideas 15 Ways to Use the iPads in the Classroom GOOD LUCK TROJANS!!! Football tonight and Volleyball tomorrow night - not only do we have great things happening with iPads, we have just GREAT things happening in Barnesville!!! Have a great one and cheer LOUD Mrs. I:)