Skip to main content

Change My Thinking.......

    In reading and talking with educators and other integrationist at workshops and through email - there seems to be a common thing - teaching is changing and teachers need to change.  Although I sit and think about all the changes I made the last 14 years in education, change is inevitable and we can either "embrace" it, or "ignore" it.  I choose to embrace it!!  My two sons are TOO important for me to not know what their world is like - so I am choosing to join them on this journey so to say!  Students today are the same as students yesterday - it's their world that is different!
    That doesn't mean I would change EVERYTHING at one time - how could you?  But if we could pick one thing this week or month and go with that until we are comfortable - but never TOO comfortable to stay with what we have always been doing - THAT"S TOO EASY!!!  Then choose something different, and keep adding things and doing things a "little" different than normal - before we know it - our teaching HAS changed!  This happens every year and it SHOULD!!  I am never satisfied with what I am doing - I can ALWAYS improve and ALWAYS do more!!  That's the problem with education - there is SO much out there and SO much to do - when is it done?  Between Pinterest, Facebook, blogspots, etc.. the feeling of inadequacy is overwhelming!  TAKE A BREATH!!  Pick ONE thing and do it GREAT!  Once that becomes easier - choose another - this will make life in your classroom and life outside of the classroom ever changing - and ever enjoyable!!
  Here is an article about a teacher who changed some things in education - well she was forced to because she got iPads in her classroom - sound familiar:)!!!???  She, too, felt how many of us are - slowly OVER TIME she was able to transform her thinking and the way she did things.  The same is true here - SLOWLY over time things will continue to get easier and continue to evolve - will you JOIN the evolution or IGNORE it - the choice is yours!!


You are all AMAZING and you are all doing GREAT things!  KEEP IT UP!!
Mrs. I:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resources Compiled for COVID-19

Here is a PLETHORA of resources that I have been compiling as we are dealing with teaching during COVID-19.  Use what you can - search and seek - I am going to just COPY AND PASTE - so the links might not be active:) Video/Podcast Options: Zoom!: This program allows you to video conference with up to 100 people.  HOWEVER, I feel this one is NOT the best for large groups, BUT, would be awesome to do with one on one or small group work, or recording videos to upload to Schoology.  Create an account and download this to your Macbook here, https://zoom.us/ and the students will have the app. Zoom How To: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-fnwZGctrFlE-Ho8Y5C_v8Hit7KdSnvW Explain Everything App : You can teach just about anything you would want, especially math, with this app.  This app allows you to import pictures, files, etc.. and then voice over it, even drawing if needed, to create a video.  Simply upload to YouTube, share the link and done!! Screen Capture with Quick

I LIED!!! I TAKE THE THANK YOU TO APPLE BACK:(!!! UGH!!!

  All went well yesterday after we had done the Apple Configurator update - here were a few that we had to put into recovery mode, etc... which wasn't GREAT- but worked alright.  Students had to put in email address again as well as Schoology, no big deal.  Some lost their camera roll pictures - not the TOTAL end of the world.  But TODAY - 5 kids have LOST EVERYTHING!!! UGH!!  I don't do ANYTHING different with these iPads that I don't do with the others that have worked fine - so WHY?????????????  A senior girl and a freshman boy lost EVERYTHING!  It COMPLETELY WIPED their iPads and reinstalled ALL again - WHY???????????  I want to call Apple but I am TOO MAD to call as I wouldn't be anything tactful at all - so I sit and ponder what it might be - maybe I should use another word than Ponder, I guess they're throwing him back in next week, huh??:):)  I just don't know what to do.  AND the part that gets me the MOST is Apple KNOWS that schools across the country

Ways to Use Technology.....

   Below are some links that show and list different ways that you can use iPads and other technologies in your classrooms and some additional tips and tricks with the iPad 2 in case you still need some refreshers.  Take a peek - you might find a great, fun new way to do something or learn something new. 50 ways 50 iPad 2 Tips & Tricks Lesson Ideas 15 Ways to Use the iPads in the Classroom GOOD LUCK TROJANS!!! Football tonight and Volleyball tomorrow night - not only do we have great things happening with iPads, we have just GREAT things happening in Barnesville!!! Have a great one and cheer LOUD Mrs. I:)